Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Schubert's Mass

The high school choirs performed Schubert's Mass last night. They arranged it with our pastor and actually sang at our church.

The sound was phenom. I have never heard such a beautiful sound in our large sanctuary.

The Big Guy and I sat pretty far in the back as we had to shuttle Adam to soccer. I snapped this photo of the chamber and mixed choir filing onto the risers.

After the concert, our pastor was so excited. He pulled out his iphone and asked another parishioner to take his photo with Elliot. I took this one with my real camera - love the smiles.

It was wonderful. More than anything, I am so happy that Pumpkin gets exposure to all of this. He really enjoys singing classical music. We are grateful for his director rising to the challenge and sharing a variety of music with these kids.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I would have loved to hear it! What a great experience for him. That's a great photo of him with your priest!