Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Big 20!!

Happy Birthday, Pumpkin!  I can't believe he is out of his teen years.  On my morning walk, I was reflecting on twenty years ago.  We got up bright and early with a scheduled time to be at the hospital at 7am.  When we got there, we were sent home.  There wasn't any room at the hospital.  I did not mind going back home as I knew this birthing thing was going to hurt!  At the end of the day, we went back to the hospital.  Pumpkin was born at 10:50pm.  What an amazing ride it has been.  Being mom is the best job!

On Pumpkin's first birthday, we met family and celebrated in Pittsburgh.  We had breakfast at Eat n Park before heading our separate ways.  The smiley cookies are a trademark of the restaurant.  Since we aren't in CT celebrating with Pumpkin, we sent him some cookies for his birthday.  This is the selfie I got last night.  Love this boy!
They are appropriately decorated for baseball.  Pumpkin's coming home for a quick weekend and we are going to a Cardinals game.  So.  Excited!  Praying all the airline angels are in place to get him home and back without issue!  Can't wait to give him a big 'ol birthday hug!!

No comments: