Sunday, January 3, 2016

Holiday Highlights 2015

I miss the holidays.  I miss all that it means and I miss being with my boys.  But, we have some great memories to cherish.

*Pumpkin tried to surprise me and fly home early.  I caught on when I checked his flight info.  I got to greet him at the airport.  I think I would have flipped out if he walked into the mission.

*Peanut finished up exams with his big brother at home.  It is tough to focus when all you want to do is hang out.

*My three boys played 18 holes of golf.  The weather was great.  The players were rusty.  They had fun anyway.

*Pumpkin made some yummy applesauce in the crockpot.  Peanut made some holiday cookies.

*Pumpkin bought his first car!!!  We did not see that coming!  So impressed.  He negotiated, stayed within budget and made a great choice.  For the next few months, our driveway is a parking lot.

*Peanut wrapped packages with duct tape.  They were wrapped well and generated lots of laughs.  Pumpkin made excuses for his wrapping skills.  Guess he needs more practice.

*My boys give gifts from the heart.  More importantly, they are happy to receive gifts from the heart.

*We served at the mission on Christmas Day.  It was a welcomed change of routine.  After serving, we came home.  We put our jammies back on and enjoyed the day opening presents, playing and eating a lovely dinner.  I did not want the day to end as Pumpkin flew out the very next morning.  Saying goodbye doesn't get easier.  We are very proud and grateful.  Both boys are doing well.  They get along and we enjoy spending time together.  That was the best present of all!

No comments: