Sunday, May 9, 2010

BizTown and Mom

Peanut went to JA BizTown last week. It is an amazing environment giving the 5th graders a peek into "real" business. Peanut was the CEO of First Tennessee. It is a very demanding job.

The bank actually had their carpet removed. The place was flooded just a few days before. They did a great job cleaning up permitting the kids to do BizTown. I was there volunteering too in the International Paper business.

At the the end of the day, they awarded one boy and one girl the Citizenship Award for the day. Peanut was the lucky recipient! He was excited.

Lastly, I tried my hand at mobius knitting. I made this for my mom for Mother's Day. This was a fun knit and an engineering marvel. I loved the cast on and the creativity. I know she won't get to wear this cowl anytime soon. But, I hope it will keep her cozy in the fall. The Louisa Harding yarn is very soft. I can't wait try another mobius.

For all those moms out there, I hope your day was fabulous!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's really a very cool wrap. I'm assuming you just join it at the ends. I used to make paper mobius strips when I taught a lesson on M.C.Escher. We have JA Biztown here too! My kids loved it also. People were talking about your flooding at church yesterday. I hope everything can get cleaned up soon!