Monday, May 17, 2010

Final Concert Freshman Year

Last Tuesday was the final chorale concert of Pumpkin's freshman year. It was held on the town square. The boys wore their tuxes and the girls wore long dresses of their choice. The music was a Broadway tribute.

Here is Pumpkin before the concert. It was a little muggy and he was feeling it in his suit. He saw me coming with the camera and ducked down on a bench. I wasn't allowed to snap a picture with him next to a certain someone!

Here they are singing under the gazebo. I snapped this from my seat - not the best, but captured the moment. If you look close, his head is next to the end of the patriotic ribbon.

I had to bug out early to pick Peanut up from the Luau. Apparently, the final songs were emotional for the director and the seniors bidding her adieu. It definitely makes a statement about the director and the impact music has on the kids' lives. She does a great job and they take that love of music with them as they journey beyond high school.

Pumpkin told the Big Guy that I won't be able to come to his final high school concert. He thinks I will be boo-hoo crying and not be able to make it through. They are probably right, but I told them I just might surprise all of them! After all, I have three years to prepare!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's so great that he wants to continue singing!! I know you'll be there and I think you'll be teary-eyed!