Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Break 2010

We had a fabulous week last week. We stayed close to home just hangin'.
  • Peanut and the Big Guy went to a soccer tournament in Jonesboro, AR. Coach pulled Peanut's team off the field. The other team was playing "let's get someone hurt" ball. It was not quality soccer.
  • Pumpkin and I shopped the used car lots. We haven't found anything - yet.
  • We played Corn Hole. I need lots more practice.
  • Peanut got his Learner's Permit.
  • We enjoyed a yummy late lunch at Uncle Lou's. Peanut declared his burger one of the best ever!
  • We ventured in to the Nike Clearance Outlet and come home with new soccer cleats. The smelly ones were immediately tossed.
  • We road our bikes on the Wolf River Trail. I summoned the courage to ride the man-made ravines.
  • We enjoyed another yummy lunch at Trolley Stop Market. Peanut declared his burger just about as good as the best ever.
  • I made lots of progress on my pair of socks for the Mystery Socktoberfest KAL. I just might have a fancy pair of socks by the beginning of November.
  • Pumpkin got contacts!
  • Peanut got some jeans just in time for the weather to warm up!
  • Pumpkin, Peanut and I took our bikes to Shelby Farms. We rode the Greenline with a late breakfast stop at Republic Coffee. We may have started something. Peanut had an iced coffee and liked it.
  • We ran misc errands including signing Peanut up for basketball.
  • The Big Guy took Peanut and some friend to the haunted corn maze.
  • We finished the week off with another soccer tournament.
  • We watched City Island and Blindside -- along with lots of football in between!
We are off and running into this new week. But, before we know it we'll be off to enjoy some turkey!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow, you all had a very busy week! And I think Peanut is becoming a hamburger expert!! ;) You probably already know this, but just in case... N has very stinky soccer cleats so we were told to put wadded newspaper inside them... it draws out the moisture, and some of the smell. We also do this during tournaments, between games. I wish I could see E play basketball!!! No one here plays so I miss watching the games a lot! Tell him I hope he has a great season... he has one fan in PA! And I hope you post a photo of your socks! You're making me want to knit again.