Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mystery Sock KAL

I DID IT!!!


My socks are finished. I am so excited to have a pair of handknit socks just for me!

I participated in the Mystery Sock KAL hosted by Kirsten Kapur. This pattern exposed me to new stitches. I did my very first cable stitches. I am so grateful to Kirsten for hosting this and sharing a free pattern. It was inspirational and motivational!!

I have not blocked the socks, yet. It may have to wait. These will be perfect for Halloween. Don't you think?

I knit the socks in a 75% Superwash Merino Wool/25% Nylon in fingerling weight. I bought the yarn on http://www.etsy.com/index.php from Cantrix. The colorway is Flame. The yarn is lovely! I love the semi-solid color.

I am thinking I just might cast on for the mate of the sock from the 2009 KAL...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Becky, they turned out great!!! I love the color! You are such a good knitter now. I'm really impressed!