Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Yummy! Mother's Day gift from my boys. How cool is that?

(I am not going to think about this great ice cream going to my hips.)

After church, we headed to downtown Memphis for breakfast at The Arcade Restaurant.

Here's the family shot. Pumpkin's on his tippy toes. It's a preview of the day that he is taller than the Big Guy. - - - -Only time will tell!

This is a great diner. The sweet potato pancakes are the best as even recommended by the Food Network.


After we ate, we strolled down the South Bluffs to see the Mississippi. The road at the base of the bluff is Riverside Drive. The area flooded is where the BarBQ fest is supposed to be. They've moved it out to a higher and drier spot. The river is expected to crest tonight, but will not recede for a few days.

We stopped at my inlaws on the way home. This year we gave our mom's some lovely earrings from a site on etsy. They were appreciated by both our moms. We planted plants and spread some mulch. The boys cooked me dinner. I could go for Mother's Day everyday!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so happy you had a good Mother's Day! The question is... are you going to share that Graeter's??? I just had a milkshake yesterday and was saying that it's just not the same... no big huge chips!! I also was listening to the news this morning about the river cresting today and was worried about you guys. Tell your son to slow down on the growing... I can't believe how tall he is!!!!