Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reflection Award

Peanut won a Reflection Award in the visual arts category. He took third place for the 7th grade. The theme was diversity. He drew a picture of a variety of drinks using colored pencils. He wrote a little blurb to go with it. I wish I took a picture, but did not think too much about it at the time he handed it in. I am sure we'll get the artwork back sometime soon.

It was a surprise and an honor.

Look at the male:female ratio of the 6-8 grade winners. Who knew?

Peanut doesn't like his art teacher this year. He's talking about switching out of it next year. I haven't competely agreed as he does have some talent. His teacher last year was fabulous. Unfortunately, the teacher can make it or break it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

OH, again I'm SO proud of him (are you sure he doesn't belong to me??) ;) I also feel badly because I know exactly what he's talking about. N is headed for a less than good art teacher next semester (C already had her). It kills me when I know I could be in there doing so much better and they'd love it! I hope he doesn't give up!