Sunday, March 18, 2012

Campus Visits

While we were in Cincinnati, we took advantage of the location and did a couple campus tours.  We started with Miami of Ohio in Oxford, OH.  The weather was grey and rainy.  Fortunately, the rain held off for the walking part of the tour.  I was surprised to see that they now offer degrees in engineering.  Way back when, I had to scratch them off my list because they did not have engineering.  I did not take any photos.  Can you believe it?

The next day, we toured Xavier University.  Who knew?  We were all pleasantly surprised!

I embarrassed the boys by asking for a photo in the Cintas center.  Our guide was a freshman and she was wonderful.  She was as excited to be in the Cintas center as we were!  Xavier did a fabulous job with the entire package.  It is amazing how the info session/tour can really sway your opinion of the school.
After the tour, we met with the swim coach.  It was just an informal meeting on the pool deck.  The pool is older and smaller.  But, we've heard good things about the coach.  You have to cross Victory Parkway to get back to the main part of campus.  I snapped this while the boys were waiting for the light.
For filling out the survey, Pumpkin got a free t-shirt.  Again, that was a nice touch.  Xavier is on the list.  Miami may even be a contender depending on the swimming.  Their facility is very nice.  I do like the idea of Pumpkin being close to my family if he can't be close to me!

When we got home, we watched the movie, Ides of March.  Peanut spent the night out and we jumped on the chance to watch an R rated movie.  I was intrigued by it.  There are many scenes from Miami, Xavier and Cincinnati.  It does leave you questioning our political system - even more!





1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm just loving following your college visits! Both colleges are really good so you can't go wrong with either! And I really want to see Ides of March-- I didn't realize it was filmed in Cincy! Thanks for sharing! :)