Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy 90th Birthday, Marmaduke!

We had a celebration for mom on Saturday.  It was wonderful.

Hard to believe she is 90 as of today!
It was just Peanut and I for the party in Cincinnati.
For her birthday, I made her the shawl she has on.  It is Wingspan from Ravelry.  You use self-striping sock yarn.  I wasn't as impressed with it until I saw it on her.  It is small enough to put in her purse and use when the air conditioning gets to be too much this summer.

Wow!  Hard to believe the Matriach of my family entered her tenth decade.  She was my age when she found out she was pregnant with me.  I can't imagine that right now.  But, I am extremely grateful.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the shawl! Happy Birthday Mrs. M!!! She looks 20 years younger than she is! You have some great genes in your family. Did you make the birthday banner too? That's really cute! I'm so glad you got to celebrate with her and I know she loved having you there with her!

Deb Willis said...

Oh Bec, your sweet Mom looks absolutely AMAZING!!!! She hasn't changed since our middle/high school years. Really, she looks fabulous. AND SO DO YOU!!! You look absolutely beautiful!!! YOU DO!!!

The shaw is so lovely...what a wonderful and thoughtful gift you made for her. Those are beautiful colors on her too.

I am so happy that you had a chance to come home for the party...I know you would have liked to have stayed longer...next time!!

Hope you are having a great start to the summer! :o)