Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lady A

The Big Guy was so excited on my birthday.  He presented me with tickets to see Lady Antebellum.  I enjoy their music and regularly pop their CD in.  I was floored with the gift.  It was very creative.  It was a date for the two of us, something we don't work in often enough.

The concert was Thursday night at an outdoor ampitheater.  Our high temperature was 102.  We were looking forward to hearing them sing, but just could not imagine enjoying an outdoor concert in the hot weather.  We even briefly contemplated selling the tickets on Craigslist.

I am so glad we didn't!

A "friend" even joind us for a bit.  I am glad to say that was the last friend that hopped in on us that night.
We took our blanket and settled in for the concert.  Once the sun went down, it was hot but not too bad.

We could not touch each other too much.  It was way too hot!
The concert was wonderful.  The Big Guy was such a trooper.  He is not all that familar with Lady A, but he enjoyed it.  Darius Rucker opened for them.  He was great.  I had no idea he'd switched to country music.  It was a fun night.  Traffic was horrible getting out of the lot.  We did not get home until WAY past our bedtime and we ended up grabbing a drink/snack at McDonald's.  We haven't been there in a LONG time.  Who know so many folks went to McDonald's at 12:30am!  Hard to believe.

I just might have to buy the other Lady A cd...

Oh, and cowboy boots and sundresses or cowboy boots with short short - who knew?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! I was thinking about you! I'm sure it was a great concert and what a thoughtful gift!