Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Baby Goes to the Dentist...

Back in April, I started working for pediatric dentists.  The boys have gone to them for years.  This was Peanut's first visit since I started there.  As a general rule, parents are not allowed back with the children.  The dentists are some of the best I've seen.  They don't restrain children and do everything they can to make the dental office a place to be.  The kids do behavior better w/o their parents.

Anyway...I snuck back, embarrassed my son and snapped some pictures.
 After the initial, "oh, mom", he sat up and smiled for me.
He passed his visit with flying colors - no cavities!  He just has to floss/brush a bit better for one spot on his gums.  I am so grateful the boys like the dentist and have beautiful teeth.  Now, if I'd remember the ortho appointments, Peanut may just get the braces off one of these days!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

This is so adorable, I call my son Peanut, too. We have been going to the same pediatric dentist since my kids were two and they love him. He is funny, efficient and always puts the kids at ease.

Bethany said...

We switched to a pediatric dentist when my kids were pretty little and I loved them so much! They were wonderful with my kids. I'm like you with the ortho appt.'s! I think it's because there are so many, it's easy to forget one. N gets his braces off next time so he's thrilled!

Weston Wadlington said...

Sometimes kids are a little anxious when some people are watching while the dentist is working on their teeth, especially if the audience is their parents. With that situation, the dentist must know how to make their patients comfortable with the procedure. It’s nice to know Peanut will be off the braces soon. I bet he is very excited about it!

Magaret Langlois said...

Haha! It’s just normal for us parents to capture our children's fun and great moments. It will serve as remembrance of how great they were during such kind of situations. Well, if I know that my kids don’t want to have pictures, I would just take stolen shots. *evil laugh* :p