Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pumpkin turns 17!

Seventeen big ones!

He was still a bit groggy yesterday morning when he opened his presents.  It is still hard to believe that he is 17.  It was a bit of a challenge to find some gifts for him.  I thought this one was the best.  His response did not agree.  I got us a class together to learn how to make tamales.  He's talked about tamales all summer.  It was on his todo list, but did not get checked off.  He loves tamales and at the end of October we'll find out how to make them.  I'm looking forward to the sangria!
Adam picked out a birthday card.  It was one of those that doesn't open.  Look at the grin.  Adam got him!
 He can now see R rated movies.  I don't know if I am ready for that.  He got two movie passes.
He got a new phone.  His other ones were shattered.  This is just a replacement.  He wanted an iphone but we weren't willing to pay for the data.  He was pleased with a phone that was operational and with a screen you can read.  He wants a case.  We'll see if he can keep the phone safe until the case arrives.
Lastly, he got a pair of shoes.  He has narrow feet.  This was a shot in the dark, but they fit!  He'll wear them with his shorts.  I hope they stay some what nice to wear with khakis too.
I whipped together a Boston Creme Pie using a new recipe.  It had cool whip mixed with the pudding for the in between layers.  Pumpkin liked it but really likes the plain recipe with custard in between.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday E!!!! I hope you had a good time celebrating! I'm glad you had your oldest first because I get a "heads up" on what is coming next with Caroline! I'm trying to decide what to do for her 16th (and the dreaded license-getting!). When does college application submission start?