Sunday, August 25, 2013

Midnight Madness Bike Ride

It has been a long time since we've done the Midnight Madness Bike Ride.
Yes.  It starts are midnight.  The locale was new this year.  This was Peanut's first time.
It was still hot out.  We were so spoiled a few weeks ago with a taste of fall weather.  Anyway...

I was bit nervous that I would not be able to do it.  We've been riding since we dropped Pumpkin off in CT.  The Big Guy kept reassuring me that it would be no problem.  He was right.  It was lots of fun.

The guys paid homage to Pumpkin wearing the USCGA tshirts.
 I opted to wear a dry fit support my alma mater.
 Waiting for the ride to start.  It was wild to see all the flashing bike lights.
 We finished strong creating another good memory.
 They had Central Barbecue, our favorite, at the finish.  Wild!  We were eating at 1:30am!  They had Gibson donuts too!  Yum!  Yum!  We got to bed after 3am.  I can't remember the last time I was up that late.  We've been a bit confused today, but all worth it!  Gotta look for another ride.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Way to go!!! That is awesome that you participated. I guess it goes to show that its worth trying to see if you can achieve something. Hopefully you have recuperated from the late night!