Sunday, September 8, 2013

Boston, again

Last week, we surprised Pumpkin and had a friend fly up to visit too.  We did a quick drive 'round the Academy and an even quicker photo op
 Once we got over 75 miles away, Pumpkin changed into civilian clothes.  I loved seeing the smile!
 We did a walk around Harvard.

 Enjoyed cannolis from the North End.
Celebrated Pumpkin's birthday.
We spent the day doing the Freedom Trail.  (Beverly, time was short, but we will call the next time we head in.)







 Had to check out the Coast Guard base.
 The Old North Church

 The USS Constitution...


Ended with a birthday dinner in Storrs, CT at a Chinese place. 
The weekend was great.  It made me realize how much I miss Pumpkin.  I was a mess when I left him as he expected.  I definitely have to work on that.  This week was harder as I wanted to be with him, talk to him and see what he is experiencing.  The best thing is that we will be back up there at the end of the month for Parent's weekend.

No comments: