Saturday, November 2, 2013

T-24 and Counting

Getting in the mood for running…
Peanut had a good run.  The course is a bit more challenging than what he is used to.  That combined with a stuffed up head, we were pleased with his performance.  Peanut's had so much fun this season.  So grateful for the cross country team and how it helped the transition to such a big high school. Kudos to the senior boys that took Peanut under their wings.  He will miss them!  The weather was perfect.  My niece game out to the course.  It was fun to spend some time with her.
Had to snap a picture of just the Big Guy and I.  We came to this park the first night we met.  Hard to believe that was more than 26 years ago!  I'm sure we don't look a day older.  Ha!
Only texted with Pumpkin.  He had a swim meet and swam well.  He also had an inspection while he was gone.  Apparently, it did not go too well.  He did not find out the details until he returned.  He said that he'd let us know.  This is when it is hard to be the mom SO far away.  He has a re-inspection in the morning.  The time change gives him an additional hour to do what he's gotta do.  I know it is all a learning experience.  It is a learning experience for me too!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm happy to hear that he had a good run! This is a hard time of year with all the allergies and the start-up of cold season. I think I've been suffering for 3 weeks now and its probably allergies. I know a couple kids around here who could use a good military inspection of their rooms! That is a great discipline to learn-- your future daughter-in-law will love it!