Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

What a wonderful weekend!  Pumpkin actually got in earlier than expected on Tuesday night.  We are grateful for the Delta agent at BDL that walked over to him in the gate area getting him on the earlier flight.  Weather was a bit of a mess.  He even got upgraded to first class once he made his connection.  It felt great to give him a big hug.  I impressed myself.  I maintained composure with just misty eyes.

On Wednesday, we were sitting on the couch.  He leaned over and put his head on my lap.  Wow.  As I rubbed his hair, tears swelled in my eyes.  Where did all the years go?  It seems like just yesterday he was on the couch with his pacifier.  So. Very. Proud.

The boys, my SIL, and nephew braved the chilly temps and ran the Turkey Trot 4 miler on Thanksgiving.  Other than the cold, it was a beautiful morning.
Peanut took third in his age group.  He ran well even as he was really struggling to breath.  He's got some bronchial thing going on.  Fortunately, it does seem like it is getting better.
 The Big Guy's entire family was together for Thanksgiving.  It was a lovely evening enjoyed by all.  Very.  Grateful.
 I can't even express how nice it was to be a family of four - all in one place.  Loved it!
We hung out the rest of weekend.  We did just a little bit of shopping and lots of football watching.  Then, the time came to head to the airport.  We left the house just past 4am on Sunday morning.  We were all tired.  I got my big hug at the airport and my cadet was off, again.
Best thing ever - he is coming back on the 17th!  Got lots to do between now and then.  Already feeling behind the eight ball as we did not decorate yesterday.  This morning I am doing Pumpkin's laundry from the weekend and I don't mind a bit.



1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great holiday! I knew you would! It was too cold here for the Turkey Trot so no one decided to try to run. It snowed up north of us but none here except for a few light flurries (the kind that melt on impact!). I could picture Pumpkin as a toddler because I remember when I first met him... he was that age! We'll also both look forward to the 17th now! I have a special girl who turns 17 on that day! ;) I have no idea where the time has gone!!!