Thursday, February 27, 2014

NEWMAC CHAMP SWIM MEET

What a great weekend.  Besides the tornado warning as I went to board the plane in Memphis and the freezing rain/snow when I arrived late in Boston, the weekend was one of my best.  The entire experience warmed my heart.

I got to watch lots of swimming.  Pumpkin had a great meet as did the team.


Pumpkin can be a character on the pool deck.  I was so glad to see he still had it.  He was dancing and smiling having a grand time.

I spent lots of time getting to know other swim parents.  It was lovely.  The best part was working in some one on one time with my cadet.
I still pinch myself that our son has chosen The United States Coast Guard Academy.  Hard to believe he is on the downward slope of finishing his first year.  This good bye wasn't as hard.  He'll be home in less than two weeks for spring break.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yay! I bet you're excited! He doesn't look like a boy anymore! I've now become a fan of the USCGA too. I'm so glad to hear that he still loves competing!