Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cincinnati, Day One, Christmas 2014

Visiting my mom - wonderful having all four of us there

 She got a new haircut.  It looks lovely.

 Peanut is the best wheelchair pusher.  He does have a knack with the elderly.
 We gave her this pillow last year.  Here they are with it.  Real.  Live.  And, in person!
 Off to Newport to the Haufbrauhaus…Pumpkin is going to Germany over spring break with the Academy choir.  We are so jealous!
 A beautiful tree in Newport...
 Love spending time with my brother and SIL
 Gotta have some ice cream - finished off the day with UDF's peppermint chocolate chip.


1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh, you're making me homesick!!! I love Haufbrauhaus! And peppermint chocolate chip from UDF. :( I'm going with you next time! Your mom looks really good. I know it's probably difficult for her to have be in a wheelchair-- she was always so busy and on the move! I forgot to say in the last comment that Caroline has the same light-up necklace! You'll have to tell Pumpkin to look for the Werkstätten Flade figurines when he goes! He can add to your collection of one! ;) I'm jealous too. Maybe someday I'll see where all of my relatives are from. Where is he headed? My Dad was born in Plauen and my Grandma was from Leipzig, and my Grandpa was from Frankfurt.