Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Memorial Service

They had a Memorial Service today at the Academy for friends and family.  The best thing, it was live streamed.  I postponed my hair appointment and sat in front of the screen watching the entire service.  They did a nice job.  It is still very sad and hard to grasp that two moms will not be able to hug their boys.

Speaking of boys, my boy is in the back row of the choir on the left side.  Of course, my mom radar picked him right out.  They sang a song called Mansions of the Lord.  Here are the lyrics:

To fallen soldiers let us sing

Where no rockets fly nor bullets wing

Our broken brothers let us bring


To the Mansions of the Lord


No more bleeding, no more fight


No prayers pleading through the night

Just divine embrace, eternal light


To the Mansions of the Lord.


Where no mothers cry and no children weep


We will stand and guard though the angels sleep


Through the ages safely keep


The Mansions of the Lord.


A very powerful message.  Again, so thankful he stuck with the singing.
Early on when the singers were just getting settled.  I zoomed in and grabbed this.  His roommate this semester is to his right.
To be honest, I focused on what was being said and watching my son, if only from a distance.  Looking at the portraits and uniforms is heart wrenching.  I pray the families find peace.

I texted with Pumpkin after the service.  He made my day texting "I just need a hug from my momma." Doesn't get much better than that!  In about 50 days, I will be able to do just that!  But, who is counting?

No comments: