Wednesday, June 25, 2008

something borrowed


Picture copied from this website.

Today, I finished another book, something borrowed by emily giffin. It was very light-hearted keeping me up way too late trying to finish it. It was so nice to read something easy. I liked the prose, the chapter length and the story. After reading the book, I looked up the author. She is just a few years younger than me. Her fashion insights and fashion memories of high school struck some similar chords. The main character even talks about Rollerblading. Gotta love it!

The only issue I had with the book is the carefree attitude toward sex. I have been married for 18 years and am very thankful I don't have to deal with that scene. It did make me think about what single folks go through. Anyway, I am trying to too hard to make something deep out of the book. It would be perfect for the beach. Emily has published a few more and I am curious to read her other books. Off to the library website to see what they have...

No comments: