Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Three Cups of Tea

Yesterday I finished the book, Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and Dan Oliver Relin. If you have not read this book, please please please add it to your list. Greg Mortenson deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. I fall into the category of ignorant American as far as all the issues go on the war on terrorism. Reading this book gave me a brand new perspective. It seems like our leaders could learn from Greg. Peace has to come out of education. This book inspires me to learn more. I may even add the Central Asia Institute to my list of annual charities. I saw Greg Mortenson is coming to the middle of the state in August. It may be worth the trip to hear him speak.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I have seen this book but didn't know anything about it. Thanks for the recommendation! Now I'll definitely add it to my reading list!