Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Projects and Halloween

I have been knitting as of late! I can't show all my projects, but I am in the process of figuring out what to make for Christmas gifts. I had some of this yarn left over from Knitcol. I love it. The self-striping just makes be smile especially in this fingerless mitten pattern. I still have to make the mate. It shouldn't take long.

I finally finished up a pair of fingerless mittens for the Big Guy. His office is pretty cold in the winter. We are hoping these will keep his fingers warm when he is at the computer. I did not have enough green. I like the addition of the off white.

Last Thursday night was Pumpkin's fall chorale concert. It was wonderful. I am so pleased with everything his director does with the kids. This is his first tux. We tried to order it big to allow for growing up and out room.

We quickly moved on to Halloween! This year Peanut served himself on the table. The costume was easy to make. It just was not too industrious. He was the hit at his costume party. He took home a 1st Place ribbon!!! The bowl lasted a few minutes at the party and the table stayed on for 45 minutes. I know he had fun with it. He said that kids were trying to eat the gummy worms hot-glued on the plates. Too Funny!!


This shot was taken when he got to the party. This party was amazing. There were boys and girls there. And, they had a DJ. Peanut actually danced. He did come home complaining that it was too loud. Apparently, girls were talking to him and he could not hear them. That's his story and he is sticking to it!!

On Halloween morning, Peanut and the Big Guy did the Race for the Cure. The weather was perfect and they both finished strong. I was the designated photographer and the holder of all they clothes they shed.

Pumpkin had his first high school swim meet. It was a fun format consisting only of relays.

Both boys were off to different Halloween parties. The Big Guy and I took advantage. We headed out to dinner and did a little shopping. A great Halloween was had by all!!

No comments: