Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Spirit

We had David's work team over for a holiday lunch last Friday. I had the salads ready to go when we got here. I kept telling the Big Guy these were more than $10 salads at a restaurant. I enjoyed using all my Nikko Christmas dishes. I kept the decorations simple. We got two $1 lottery tickets for each place setting. Out of the entire group only one person was a winner of another ticket. It was fun to scratch and see what was underneath.

Here's the up close view of the salad. I shredded carrot strips and stored them in cold water. They curled just a bit.

Here are a few snacks I put out before lunch. The baked artichoke dip is always a hit! The lunch menu was salad, three bean chili, cornbread and rolls. It was very simple - easy to serve and different from what most folks are enjoying this time of the year. I finished off the meal with Pots de Creme from the Memphis Junior League Heart & Soul cookbook. The recipe is similar to this, but with the addition of Kahlua.

We played LCR which was a big hit with everyone. It is such a simple game, but lots of fun. We played two rounds giving prizes to the winners.

Last night we enjoyed the high school holiday concert. The conductor does a fabulous job with the singers. Here is the Mixed Choir. They sang a song Night of Silence. It was gorgeous. It rounds with Silent Night and the audience got to participate. Pumpkin is front and center. I don't know how to operate my camera in those lighting situations (on the 2010 todo list!) and the pictures are not the best.

I edited the photo zooming in on Pumpkin.

Here is a different angle. There is a mic right in front of him. It was a wonderful performance.

He sings again on the Collierville square on Thursday night. It is a short concert as the high school kids are in the midst of midterms. We are crossing our fingers that Pumpkin makes it through the midterms w/o any lasting scars. It is hard to watch my child develop his study skills or lack there of!!!

Peanut has a book report due Friday. We are looking forward to school being out on Friday!

No comments: