Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some Holiday Memories...

I have lots of pictures and things to share. We still have family visiting and don't have lots of time. Here are few of the events from the holidays...

We went to Jungle Jim's with mom. This is the one place they let you take a photo in the amazing market. It is apparently an exact replica of King Henry VIII's privy.

Here is the hat and fingerless glove set I made for my niece. The items are knit out of Knitcol yarn. I love the stripes and was surprised how close I got the left and right gloves to match.

I made this hat for my sister-in-law. She loves red. The hat is made from the wonderful Malabrigio yarn using the Thorpe pattern designed by Kristin Lapur. The edging is my first attempt at crotcheting. I love this hat. It just makes me smile:) I hope my sister in law smiles when she wears it!

I made this hat for my mom. It is my first attempt using two yarns in a faux isle type of pattern. It turned out great and will look good with her grey hair. The wrong side is about as interesting as the right side.

This year we made up lots of batches of Hot 'n Spicy Chex mix. We gave it to teachers, neighbors, and friends. It was a great snack in the car ride to Cincinnati too!

Peanut ended up with this book in his book exchange at school. It may take some coercsion to get him to read it.

I picked up these glass mugs on a whim. They are suitable for cold AND hot liquids. The boys love them. No better way to drink the egg nog.

The big goof ball was getting ready to go sing with choir on the square. He gives me some faces when he doesn't want me take a picture for my blog. Like the layers? It was freezing cold and he did not have a jacket that fit him. He had to layer up. I love that he wore the stocking hat I knit him.

There are more pictures to come and lots of good memories. I can't believe 2009 is just about history. I really think the saying about time going faster as you get older is true!

No comments: