Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cupcake Pincushion

I got to see my sister last week. Her birthday is not until next week. I actually planned ahead and made her a little gift that I could give to her in person.

I used Susan B. Anderson's cupcake pincushion pattern. Fortunately, there was lots of college basketball on and I got to knit away. This was so much fun to make and I used yarn right from my stash. This was my first time knitting baubles. What fun! I found the heart pins at JoAnn's and thought they'd add just a bit more love to the pin cushion.

My sister has one of those fancy embroidery sewing machines. I hope this little treat brings a smile to her face when she sews. I may just make these for a few more birthday gifts. I happen to know a few more folks that like to sew!

Happy Birthday, Gina! A bit early at that...

No comments: