Sunday, March 14, 2010

Projects

I finally got the dishcloths on their way to Hong Kong. They may even have been delivered today. I added a treats for the kids. I love how the dishcloth on the left turned out. I started another one but the colors are not as difinitive. The pattern is easy but you have to pay attention. This is not a dishcloth that I can knit while I am talking to someone.

You might remember that I knit these slippers for the Big Guy.

I finally felted them. I love the idea of felting but my high efficiency washing machine makes it a challenge. I used my inlaws and they fit perfectly. We are just waiting to see how long he can wear them as it does get pretty hot here!


I was hooked on the bulky yarn. It is a rather fast knit. I bought some more Lamb's Pride and used up most of it to knit this Felted Market Bag by Kristin Nicholas. Her pattern calls for worsted wool. I went ahead and used the bulky yarn. Yes. The result is a very big bag! I have to admit I got kind of bored knitting all those stitches. I was able to felt the bag. It is wonderful. A finished picture needs to wait for the handles. I am going to order them today. I am thinking about lining it too. It is a bag that makes me smile. I'll post photos when I get it completed.

2 comments:

Kristin Nicholas said...

wow - you must let me know when it is finished so I can check out your bag after it is felted. Mine looked enormous before also.

Kristin

Bethany said...

I love the washcloths!! And the slippers and especially your bag! You'll have to post a photo of it when you're finished. You are going to be a master knitter if you keep this up!!