Friday, November 19, 2010

My Closet

This past summer (I am embarrassed to say it was that long ago) when we came home from Cincinnati, my clothes were on the floor. The wire shelving just wore out and fell from the wall.

A couple weekends ago, the Big Guy got inspired. I cleaned it all out, he patched and got to work painting it.

I tried to reuse as much of the shelving as I could. However, the systems were updated and not exactly a perfect fit.

Today I got everything back into the closet. The clothes are not arranged by color, but they are arranged in a very user friendly way.

Peanut told me that I have too many shoes. You can never have too many. Can you?

Here's the new closet. I faded the photo colors as the pink robe dominated every photo.

Unlike the Big Guy who has an armoire in our bedroom, most of my clothes are in the closet. I might add wire shelf dividers on the shelves to keep the folded clothes upright.

I put my big felted bag to use holding my swimsuits until summer.


What a pleasure to walk into my closet! The Big Guy thought it looked great. He walked away thinking I did not have that many clothes after all. I, on the other hand, felt like my stash of clothes is a bit excessive.

I'm inspired to tackle the bathroom. We want to try doing it ourselves. It, though, may take some time...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are inspiring me to clean out mine! I have the same system in my closet. I haven't figured out how to keep the lines out of my sweaters though... Let me know if you find dividers. And no... Never too many shoes! ;)