Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slippers for the Retiree!

My brother, Rick, retired! His last day was last week. Officially, he is done on 11/30. He's worked for P&G for 33 years! He is excited to pursue this next chapter of his life. He is very fortunate to get this opportunity to try a few new things.

We made a quick trip to Cincinnati for his retirement party.

Here the boys are in the car on the way to Cincinnati. Puppers was the best four-legged traveler. Thank goodness for pretzels. They seem to make any roadtrip better:)

The retirement party was at Dave & Busters. It was wonderful. They did a great job. My boys got their fix of playing pool. It was so nice to see some of my family. The time is always too short, but I did enjoy the time we had.

I struggled with a gift and decided to make slippers. So, here's another pair of felted slippers. They are fun to make.

I used my mom's washing machine and they felted up great.

I don't know if they fit, but hope they do!

We are so happy for Rick & Joyce. We are crossing our fingers he finds some free time to help us with some projects here in Memphis!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It's so great that you got to be there! I'm sure he'll be enjoying his slippers!