Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

The Big Guy and Peanut kept the tradition and ran in the Turkey Trot 4 miler. It was raining and really windy. When the race started, the rain stopped but the wind kept blowing. Here they are before the race right when we got out of the car to brave the elements.

I only had my iphone which was on its last bit of battery life. I played with the photos to make them a bit better. The Big Guy said that they both look like they just woke up.

We missed having Pumpkin with us. He was at swim practice.

The route was a bit different this year. The first two miles were literally all uphill. The wind did not help things. And, I listened to the boys and brought Buddy with me. He was a great puppy dog. He was smart enough to turn his head out of the wind.

Here he sat waiting for the results to be posted.

After the run, we headed home to clean up. My inlaws hosted a wonderful turkey dinner. I brought the standard strawberry pretzel salad. The meal was yummy and we enjoyed seeing family. The Big Guy snapped this picture with his new Blackberry.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am still contemplating waking up early to do a little shopping. Then, we are driving, driving, driving to Cincinnati for a quick trip home.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's a great picture of you Becky!! I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! I actually ran 4.5 miles in our own Turkey Trot!! Can you believe that? I'm still sore.