Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

I only snapped a few photos on Christmas Eve.

My brothers~

My VanDeren family~


We drove up to Cincinnati on the 23rd. What a great tool the iPhone is. We googled Skyline and took a detour in Louisville for a coney for dinner. Yum! There was snow on the ground and it was pretty cold when we got to Cincinnati. Pumpkin forgot his tennis shoes. He is an official Southerner. He walked around up there in slippers or loafers w/o socks!

On the morning of the 24th, we went to Jungle Jim's. I enjoy seeing ALL the stuff there. We bought a few treats for the puppy dog and some fresh baked pretzel bread that came in handy on our ride back to TN. I could spend hours wandering around up there. They added kitchen supply stuff. It is amazing!

We headed to my brother's for the annual Christmas Eve dinner and then to mom's for the presents. It all went by too fast. David got a Table Top Cornhole with Vanderbilt decals. It is adorable. I got a new knitting bag with a magazine and a gc for a local yarn shop. I can't wait to start a new project!

On the 25th, the boys went to mass at the church where David and I were married. For some reason, I had not slept well and my stomach was hurting. I opted to stay home. I was sad, but felt that it was for the best.

We weren't sure about the impending weather for our drive back to Collierville. There was snow in KY and TN. We normally leave very late at night and get home in the wee hours of the morning. We figured black ice would be an issue late at night. I was okay with staying an extra day. But, my boys would not have any of that! Their presents were waiting for them at home. We ended up leaving Cincinnati at about 12pm. There was snow, snow showers, and lots of uneventful driving. We were grateful. We ordered Chinese when we got home and made the best of it.

It was great to see my family. The best part is just hanging out. I am grateful that my boys accommodate me and go with the flow. It was also great to be home safe and sound. There is no place like home!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time and I'm glad you made it safely there and back. I can't believe we didn't go to Jungle Jim's while we were there. I need to check with you before every trip home to get good ideas!!