Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nikko Christmastime

Many years ago, my sister gave me her Nikko Christmastime collection of china. I've added a few pieces to it. After Thanksgiving, we pull it out to use it as our everyday china. It is subtle tradition, but one I look forward to each year. In 1999, I started buying the annual plate to add to the collection. Some years I buy it ahead of time. Some years, I've found the plate on clearance after Christmas. This year I stopped in Dillard's with the hopes of buying and using it. Our local store was sold out. This morning I logged on to replacements.com and clicked away.

I ordered this one with Pumpkin in mind as this was the year he was born.

I ordered this one with Peanut in mind as this was the year he was born.

In addition, I ordered the plate for 2010. It is not one of my favorites, but felt compelled to keep up the tradition. The plate is titled, FIrst Noel. It kind of makes me feel old as our First Noel with Pumpkin was 15 years ago!!

I checked to box wishing to receive the plates by Christmas. It'd be fun for the boys to eat our Christmas dinner on "their" plates. We'll see if the delivery guy can accomplish that task.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Don't be mad at me but I can already see you pulling these out for the grandchildren someday!! I love that you have this special tradition. I think that is what makes Christmas a special time in families.