Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cauliflower Ear

I spent the last 1.25 hours on the phone with AT&T.

I was tranferred four times. The fifth representative was patient and worked through my bill with me.

A few months ago, we combined our billing. Our landline and our wireless now appear on the same bill. I am sure there is a discount, but at this point I really don't remember the motivation. Once the bill is combined, the two sides of the company claim ignorance to each other. It takes about 3 months for the bills to work themselves out. It is all very confusing. And, our bill was fairly large this month. THAT was the reason I made the call in the first place.

I wasn't able to log on and see my bill due to password issues. ...a challenge for another day...

I kind of, sort of, understand our bill and the charges. I have my fingers crossed that it will be "normal" next month. Things like this get me. I was a fairly educated person. Do phone companies make their bills difficult to understand on purpose?

I feel like my head is still ringing and my ear is larger from holding the phone. Ugh!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh thank goodness no one there really has cauliflower ear! I totally agree with you- I really hate trying to read the bills and never understand all the taxes applied. Hope it all gets worked out!