Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Recap

On your birthday, you can rest before swim practice. Buddy didn't pass up the chance either.

We had to wait until swim practice, work and soccer practice were over - before we had dinner. The birthday boy asked for jambalaya. I tried a new recipe in the slow cooker. I thought I had enough brown rice. I did not. I added what I had and supplemented with a handful of macaroni. The meal was delish. Pumpkin gave it a 10! Keep in mind this is the boy that doesn't eat green peppers, red peppers, or celery. All of this was in the dish. He scarfed down two bowls and was raving about it. I will make it again.

He also requested a Boston Cream Pie. We took the easy route as far as candles go. I knew I could not get all 16 lit before the first one melted. So, we applied some math - 4*4 or 4^2 or 4+4+4+4. They all get you to 16. I am so grateful my son is a good sport and did not mind playing along.


Our rendition of happy birthday, was not for the faint "eared." But, all three of us were singing our hearts out. The four candles did not present a challenge when it came to blowing them out.

Pumpkin wanted to wait to the end to open his gifts. Does Buddy think he's getting something?

Pumpkin got a Kindle, two Diners, Drive-ins and Dives books, and a panini maker. Guess who is cooking dinner tonight?

On a different note, look at Peanut's shirt. It was about 100 yesterday. Hot weather, go away!!

No comments: