Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year

February in Review

  1. We love the Oatmeal Togo bars.  Tried to make some here at home.  Still need to perfect the recipe.
  2. I've spent much of the month knitting trying to finish the mystery sock KAL from January.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...
  3. I finally finished my short loop scarf.  The yarn was from a gc my sister gave me for Christmas 2010.  I love the scarf, but it got too hot outside to wear it :(
  4. Peanut came down with an ear infection requiring a Saturday visit to the pediatrician.  The antibiotics stopped it in its tracks.
  5. The Big Guy re-caulked Peanut's bathtub.  It looks lovely.
  6. Sixteen high school swimmers team qualified for State.  We had a great time in Nashville.  Pumpkin took 17th in the 100 Breast!!
  7. I got my hair done.  Thank goodness for color.  I love when the greys disappear.
  8. Peanut and The Big Guy completed the winter cross country series earning first and fifth places, respectively.
  9. Pumpkin started assisting a stroke victim who is paralyzed on one side.  He works with her in the water once a week.
  10. Had, yet another, repair on the ancient Volvo.  We are crossing our fingers that it is good to go.
  11. Gave the boys boxers for Valentine's Day.
  12. Watched way too much college basketball (a great excuse to knit even more!)
  13. We spent four days in Knoxville for the Southeastern Swim Championships.  Pumpkin swam all personal bests in seven events.  My sister and bil came down from Cincinnati to see him swim - and to see their daughter.  Loved hanging out with family.
  14. Peanut's basketball team won their division.
  15. Enjoyed the date night at Viking Culinary school.
  16. Re-decorated the mantle and the wall above it.  I was able to pull most of the stuff from around the house.
  17. Entertained a group of folks as a farewell to our swim team manager who is moving.  It was so nice to use the dining room.  We need to do this more often.
  18. Pumpkin participated in solo & ensemble competition.  He received a 1+ for his solo!
  19. For the first time in a looong time, I worked on President's Day.  The boys did fine at home alone.
  20. I made it almost two months w/o buying anything new for me.  When I was in Knoxville, I succumbed to the pressure and bought a pair of shoes and a vest.
  21. The daffodils bloomed!  The winter was very mild.
  22. I think I got foot rubs on about every night in the month of February.  My Sweetie is the best!
  23. Pumpkin got to tour Collierville on the double decker bus.  I think the recycle center was one of the highlights.
  24. We bought a set of new flannel sheets.  Our other sets are 10+ years old.  Wow!  The new sheets are very cozy - just wish it was cold outside.
  25. I gave up on the mix-n-match beverage glasses and bought new everyday glasses.  I smile when I use them.
  26. Soccer started up with a bang.  Between practice and games, Peanut has one everyday this week.
  27. Replaced the flourescent light fixture in the alcove in the kitchen.  It was very easy and we were so happy we were able to do it ourselves.
  28. We continue to use our cloth napkins and try to minimize our impact.
  29. We got to enjoy an extra day in February!  Here's to four great years until we enjoy another one!!

No comments: