Thursday, April 19, 2012

Candy Bar Bouquet

Pumpkin had an 18th birthday party to go to on Saturday night.  It was a party for a girl from school.  We came up with this idea and he went to town.  I'm keeping this in my arsenal and gonna use it again!  He had fun at the party.  It was a pajama party.  They wore PJ's and had breakfast for dinner.  It thought that was a great idea too!

On a more somber note, my mom had a TIA (aka mini-stroke) on Tuesday night.  She felt a tingling in her arm and jaw.  She knew that wasn't right.  The squad took her to the hospital.  She stayed the night for observation.  Fortunately, all looks good!  Apparently, the doc was surprised with all she does, how good her memory is, and her general well being.  The most stressful part was waiting a long time for her discharge.  She'll be on a blood thinner to prevent a stroke.  I haven't talked to her yet.  But, will give her a call today.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

OH Beck, please tell her I hope she's back to her old self quickly! I'm sorry that happened. She is such a great role model for older people... she just never stops! Sending a big hug to her!

I love the party idea too! C has a 16th party to go to next weekend and I might have to use that one or something similar! And maybe for her birthday also because she loves brunch so that could be a lot of fun!