Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Cooker and Baker

When summer started, I had dreams of making a grocery list and having the boys do the shopping.  That has not happened.  But, what has happened is a treat.  Peanut helps us out with food/meal preparation.  A few weeks ago, he used leftover bananas and whipped up banana bread.  It was quite yummy!
He's used up old strawberries and made strawberry muffins.  He makes cookies and brownies.  He made a special batch for his grandpa's birthday.  AND, he willingly gets dinner going.  He'll put everything in the crockpot.  Or, he'll make the salad.  In my opinion, a salad made for me is much better than anything I could make.

I've enjoyed the time he's spent in the kitchen this summer.  We are winding down heading into the last full week (bummer.)  I am going to miss having him to rely on.  This is the first summer that I've worked.  It's sure been nice to have him help me execute the meals.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I'd love to borrow him... Ask him if he wants to visit Lancaster? ;)