Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ARTjamN

What a fun evening!
Friends and I took advantage of a groupon at ARTjamN and tried our hand at painting on canvas.

It was a wonderful setting.  We all had our own canvas and were given instructions and guidance along the way.
Here is the start of my "Summer Fun"
 Here it is - just about complete.  I understand how painting can be therapeutic.  I also have a new appreciation for how hard it is.  I love muted colors and am so happy that I stuck with them.  I think it is my inner desire for fall weather to be here.
Here we are with our finished works of art.  So fun to see how they all turned out.
Side note - gotta get the hair cut.  I was thinking about growing it out.  But, it just takes too much time.  And, on hot/humid days, it ends up very blah.

When I walked in the door with my canvas, Pumpkin could not believe I painted it.  It looks better from far away.  I am trying to figure out a place to hang it.  For now, it is resting on the mantle against picture frames.

I had not been out with friends in a long time.  It was so nice catching up and painting!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

I LOVE it!!! What a great concept. I know you have told me about this before. You did a fantastic job. Painting isn't easy at all-- I'm so impressed that you just whipped this out!