Monday, August 13, 2012

Tax Free Weekend

Last weekend was tax free weekend here in TN.  We have a high sales tax and welcome the weekend to buy clothes, school supplies, and computers stuff w/o tax.  It was time for me to upgrade to a new laptop.  The Big Guy suggested we head to the Apple store.  I am so glad it was his idea:)

The temperature was about 100F.  Who knows what the feels like temp was.  It was hot.  For crowd control, I guess, we were not permitted to go directly into the store.  We had to grin and bear the heat.  (I am not going to mention that most of the wall we were lined up against was black). We timed it right and were sort of close to the front of the line.

We waited and the sweat slowly started to drip down our backs.  It was miserable.  Again, I was glad this was the Big Guy's idea:)  What we did not know was that there was another line inside the store.
Needless to say, we bailed.  We came home, went online and ordered a MacBook Air!  It was easy peasy in the comfort of our air conditioning.

I spent this weekend cleaning up my MacBook, deleting files and backing it up.  I'm so close to making the transition to my new toy.  Too bad this week of activities just might get in the way!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Congratulations on your new baby! Mine's acting like it's going to crash so I'm a little jealous. ;) That's a good thing about the no tax weekend!