Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Home Game

On the way to pick up a friend before the football game.

Last night was the first football game for the high school.  It was a blow out.  It was pretty warm during the day and I was not sure I wanted to go.  But, I ended up going.  Peanut met up with friends.  They surprised us as they actually sat down and watched some of the game.  Pumpkin went to the game too.  He drove himself and we saw him in the student section cheering the Dragons on.  I ended up watching the kids, the social scene, the band, and not too much of the game.

They have a tradition here that the seniors caravan to the football games.  Bunches of kids climb in the back of pick up trucks.  They carry big 'ol flags and make a grand entrance into the field.  It is sort of scary and not too safe.  I am not a big fan.  I was so relieved to see that some of Pumpkin's friends did not participate in the festivities.  He is talking about caravaning next week to the away game.  It is close by.  I haven't given my consent, yet.  He assures me it is just a group of smart/geek guys that will ride in a car behind the "real" caravan.  I'll be saying lots of prayers this week...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Geek doesn't always coincide with common sense. Good luck with that decision! ;) I was going to say that from your description of being at the game, not much has changed in 27 years!