Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

The tradition continued.  We got the china, crystal and silver out to enjoy our Valentine's dinner.

This year I had to work resulting in a very simple menu.  I found some heart shaped ravioli from Costco  and added a meat sauce to it.  I steamed asparagus, the Valentine vegetable, as coined by the Big Guy.  Peanut made a pull apart sesame seed/basil bread and we added a salad.  We broke out a bottle of wine and did not have a problem polishing it off.  I think the aerator makes the wine taste even better!

Our gifts for Valentines are very simple.  The boys got DVDs and puzzles.  The Big Guy gave me a book.  I gave him one too.  I found this little knick knack for him.  It is just 3X4, if that.  It will be a perfect little addition to his desk.  Anyone who knows me, know that ice cream is pretty important.  I always joke that it is in my genes!
We finished off the meal with a brownie raspberry triffle.  It looks better than it tasted.  My boys still gobbled it up. 

We even got all the dishes done.  I am very grateful for all the LOVE in my life!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It sounds like a wonderful evening! ♥