Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm Back...

Not sure why, but just have not posted too much this past month.  Well, that is going to change.  Pumpkin finished his first year at the Academy!  Wow! So. Very. Proud.

Today they boarded Eagle at this very port and will set sail for 5+ weeks.  We won't see him and don't expect to hear from him.  I asked him to take pictures, one a day, so he can share the experience with me when he gets home.  I figured I'll do the same to keep track of all the excitement at home.  LOL!

They depart later today with the first port, San Juan, in about 10 days.  Already thankful for vessel finders and port webcams!
There is a series on Youtube that describes his summer experience.  Here is the link for the first video.  When you get to the sight, you can click through and watch the remaining videos.  I love all I am learning!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I watched the first video! That's really cool! I'm sure he'll have a great time and lots of stories to tell you! I'm a little jealous because I absolutely love being on the water and sailing. Congrats to him too, for finishing his first year!!!