Sunday, May 11, 2014

USCG Eagle Sets Sail

Pumpkin was so excited!  We got to talk to him on Friday night.  He was done with finals and just waiting to leave on Saturday.  They got to Eagle early Saturday morning.  Rumor has it they loaded food for four hours.  The cadets started their "up and over" training as you can see in this photo.
They have to be certified to climb up to the higher masts.  The main mast is over 140 feet in the air.

Parents were at the port snapping pictures all day.  I have not spotted my Waldo yet, but thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the pictures.  It provides a glimpse into what they are doing.

Eagle pulled away at 6pm.  Now, I can follow her on Vesselfinder.  Who would have thought I'd be tracking a ship?!  You can follow their official page here.  
We can't communicate with Pumpkin making it hard on me.  Their next stop is San Juan in about 10 days.  I hope he has his sunscreen.  I do miss him, but am so proud of him.  I asked him to take a picture a day so he can tell us all about it.  I've decided to take daily pictures too.  I'm gonna post here just in case he gets internet access and checks my blog.  If he doesn't, we'll share it all when we see each other next.

Fair Winds and Calm Seas, Pumpkin!


No comments: