Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Towels

In the fall, I mentioned to the assistant swim coach that I had some extra time and would be more than willing to help out with something, from afar, if they needed it.

No more than three weeks before championship, she emailed me and asked if I'd help arrange a gift for the swimmers.   Of course, I said yes and started working some avenues.  The challenge at the start was the gift was dependent on donations.  There was not any funding for the gift.  I was so excited when I walked into Costco and saw they had their beach towels in stock.
We decided to go with the blue and white stripe.  Kudos to the employee at Costco that helped me sort through the bin and find enough striped towels.
They added color to our dining room for a few days as I investigated embroiders.  I settled on a local, out of the home place run by two friends.
I started with a draft idea on paper, got the claw digitized and we went from there.  The lighting is horrible, but this is the end result.  Each towel was personalized with the swimmer's name on it.
The swimmers were so grateful.  The stripes made them easy to spot on deck.  This is one of my favorite pictures of the meet.  Love the scarf, shawl, towel and turbin.  Love seeing them have fun too!
So grateful that parents donated to make this possible for their swimmer.  It will be a challenge to see what we can come up with next year!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

This is so fabulous!!! You are an angel to do all of this. I saw those towels at Costco and thought they were great! (You may end up with this task again now, you know!!) ;D