Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mind Wanderings

It has been more than a week since my last post. I've thought about posting some things - just haven't done it. I've enjoyed my Mac time stopping in reading other blogs. These lazy days of summer are free form and are getting away from me!

We had a great weekend in Nashville at a swim meet. It was just Pumpkin and me. It was nice to enjoy time with just him. I loved watching him swim and marveled at his dedication to swim lap after lap. Swimming wraps up on Saturday and we will have a two week break. Peanut is thinking he might want to swim year-round. We'll see how that works out.

While we were away, the Big Guy and Peanut hung out at home. They were savors to the puppy dog who did not have to be kenneled. Buddy followed them around everywhere they went. The best was - The Big Guy did the ironing for this week and he cleaned the house. It was great to come home to sparkling bathroom, folded laundry, and all the rest. I need to go away more often:))

My project list is growing. While in Nashville, we stayed very close to this LYS. One afternoon I stumbled in. I am very intrigued with Flat Feet and have added that to my wish list. It is such a creative concept. I did not leave the store empty handed. I bought two different sock yarns. Yarn is gorgeous. Can you ever have too much? I am still working on the mate for my first pair of socks. I don't think I will be needing the Flat Feet yarn any time soon.

It has been so hot here. I feel like I have let my kids down on the activity front. They get to watch TV, play XBox and just hang out. I do insist on reading each day. The past couple days we have pulled out the board games. We have not even ventured to the pool too much. I just feel like I haven't given it my all. It took me a few days to realize that they are doing what they want. They just don't need all the supervised play that they used to require.

Today I decided to change it up. I needed to go to the fabric store as I do have some sewing on my project list. I baited them by asking if they'd like to make something. So, they are going to make pajama shorts. We'll see how that goes. I think we will start cutting tomorrow. One is using a black and gold striped fleece and the one is using Mickey Mouse flannel. If the shorts do resemble shorts, this will be a little memory from the summer.

Of course, I have been reading my books! We listened to a book on tape to Nashville. It was one Pumpkin picked out and it was a bit boring. I am still enjoying the Evanovich series reading about the adventures of the Stephanie Plum, the bounty hunter.

I hope to post a few more entries in the next couple days. We'll see how that goes. I might not be able to focus on just one thing!!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That flat feet yarn is so cool! I think I knitted my first pair of wool socks at the end of last summer, thinking "this is crazy to be knitting socks when I can't even wear them now!!!". I have been talking to a lot of people and we all agree that this summer has been more laid back and not so scheduled. I am busy with my own things but my kids have been just playing together and doing their own thing. Tennis has been the only big activity so far and that's over now. Maybe we all have kids in this stage of life who are becoming more independent and need down time from all the school work! I needed down time from all their school work too!!!