Friday, July 11, 2008

Started Something...

This summer I have been over the top in the reading department. Once I get so far into a book, there is no stopping me. I rationalize the need to read throughout the day squeezing in just a few more pages with each free moment. Reading is a good thing, but I have to gain control! The stack of magazines to be read is climbing toward the ceiling. I won't even mention my needlepoint or knitting. They don't get the time of day when there is a book to be read...

Last night I finished the book, One for the Money, by Janet Evanovich.

I grabbed the photo from her website. Let me just tell you how much I enjoyed this book. Her works appear on the NY Times bestseller list. I know lots of folks have read her. If you haven't, give it a shot. My sister's friend, Stacey, told me about this series. I decided to give it a read. This is the first book in a series of fourteen. The main character is Stephanie Plum. It is a mystery with humor and a bit of romance. I can't wait to see what happens to Ms. Plum in the subsequent books. Hence, my dilemma. I have a hundred other things to do. And, I want to go to the library and start reading Two For the Dough. Can I blame Stacey for telling me about this series?? I am challenging myself to give it the weekend. I know my family would appreciate seeing my face and not my face in a book!

I have started something - a book series that is pure entertainment. I just hope I can continue in moderation. This summer is flying by way too fast and I have so many other projects to start!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

There's always something else to do... enjoy reading while there's so much you want to read right now! I want to learn to crochet but I figure I'll feel like it more this fall when it's colder and the kids are back to school. I always read more in the summertime.