Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Paper Chains

I am participating in this Holiday Swap.

My swap partner, Mary, passed along her holiday tradition. For years, she and her sister made paper chains counting down the twenty five days in December until Christmas. At the beginning of the month, she sent supplies for the boys and I to make three paper chains. The paper is fancy Christmas paper with special stickers to hold the chains together. We made our chains a few days ago and added them to the Christmas tree.


I love the idea. It is so simple and yet so perfect. I ran with the paper chain idea. Friends of ours are moving on Friday. They will be living in a rental for months while their "new" house in Oxford, MS is renovated. All of their Christmas decorations are packed up. I headed to the craft store buying red and green paper. I cut the paper into strips and let all the folks on the swim team write a farewell note to the family on the strips. I included fancy stickers for them to make their own paper chains. This will provide some decoration in their house. This blog thing is amazing. It is wonderful to share ideas, modify them for yourself and run with it. Mary, thanks for passing along the tradition!

My holiday swap package is just about there and should able to ship by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Becky, that was such a sweet thing to do! I'm sure they'll appreciate it. What a fun thing for families.