Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Wow!

We did the whirlwind tour to/from Cincinnati. We were supposed to leave on Tuesday afternoon, but the Big Guy ended up with a sinus infection. We thought about driving a few hours that night and staying in a hotel. I did not want his coughing to keep us all up. And, the weather closer to Cincinnati looked like it might be a factor. We got up at the crack of dawn on Wednesday and made the drive. It was uneventful minus the rain that followed us the entire trip. Apparently, we made the right choice as the roads were quite icy on Tuesday night.

We got to see my family for Christmas Eve. It was so nice to be with everyone. We had dinner at my brother's. I am still thinking about the cookies from Busken bakery. We opened presents at my mom's. We chose names and made the theme of the presents handmade. It was so much fun to see what people came up with. There is lots of talent in my family. I got four variations of cookie mixes in a jar. We just made the Sand Art brownies. I wish you could smell how yummy the house smells. It was just a nice relaxing time that I did not want to end.

On Christmas Day, we went to mass at the church were I was married. The same priest is still pastor. It was amazing. Keep in mind that the Big Guy was not feeling well. He doesn't like this picture. About mid-day, we headed to my sister's house for a late lunch. We were back in the car driving by 6pm. It was a fast trip. But, it was so nice to see everyone. It's been our ritual for years to do our Christmas on the 26th here at home. That way the boys get to play with their presents. We got home late last night and opened our presents this morning. We are so fortunate! I am working on a lasagna for our Italian Christmas dinner.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas!! I can sympathize with David because we are all fighting sinus colds... I am jealous too because I really wanted to be in Cincy this year! Have a Happy New Year!!! (I want to see what you made!! Did you take photos???)

Bethany said...

by the way, you look great!!!