Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yes! Vanderbilt Commodores Win!



It was a long time coming but the 'Dores pulled off a win against Boston College in the Music City Bowl yesterday!!! We were thrilled! It will do so much for the program. What a wonderful way to finish off the year! The ornament was a gift from my college roommate. We got it years ago to help decorate our first Christmas tree. It was really shining on the tree today! I tried to get rid of the glare but to no avail. You get the picture! Go Commodores!

Happy New Year to everyone! My sister and family were here visiting the last few days. I'll share pictures when/if they send them to me. They have two boys and fun was had by all. It is so nice to just hang out. We did lots of that while the kids played. We enjoyed some good food - probably too much! We watched football and basketball. Ironically, University of Cincinnati was playing University of Memphis in basketball while they were here. We could not get tickets. The Tigers are sold out! We enjoyed the dog park on a beautiful Tuesday. That was Buddy's favorite day of their visit. Peanut tried to ride him through the fields. He did not get very far.


We enjoyed the movie, Bedtime Stories, yesterday. It is a very cute movie starring Adam Sandler. It appeals to both kids and parents. The creativity and imagination is wonderful. We played Apples to Apples Junior and Yahtzee! The kids love Apples to Apples. It is a fun game. I love board games and want to make an effort to play them some more in these winter months.

I am fighting off a cold. It seems like we just keep passing it around to the four of us. The Big Guy and I are heading to the bookstore to pick our new calendars. Then, I hope to come home, snuggle under the covers and sleep this cold stuff away!

May 2009 be all it can be - and more!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation... we have heard about it but wondered. I am just getting over my cold too, which of course was passed around and I'm the last to receive it! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend! We love Apples to Apples! I also wanted to tell you that I've been wearing the slippers you made me and I love them! They keep my feet warm in this freezing weather!! So I think of you every day! I'm looking forward to Monday and getting back to a regular schedule! Hope you had a great day!